Beckham’s top ten leads the upgrade of VisitBritain’s ‘Best of Britain’ app which was launched with Samsung earlier this year to inform and inspire the Games spectators and visitors to Britain this summer. New content on the app includes recommendations, accommodation and entertainment options provided by the national tourism agency to help make London 2012 an Olympic Games everyone can enjoy both in and outside of the Olympic venues.
Beckham’s exclusive suggestions:
- Take a tour of Buckingham Palace;
- Experience some real East London food at Tony Lane’s Pie & Mash shop;
- Go on a stadium tour of Old Trafford and the new Wembley;
- Grab some fresh air at one of the Royal Parks like Hyde, The Regent’s or Richmond;
- Play a round of golf at St Andrews;
- Go shopping at Manchester’s Northern Quarter, or markets like Camden, Portobello or Spitalfields;
- Take the kids to Thorpe Park or on the Harry Potter tour;
- Don’t miss London’s theatre scene and plays like War Horse or Jersey Boys;
- Eat at Ceconnis or NOPI in London;
- Go for a walk in the countryside and stop off at a pub along the way.
And here's a little something from my personal Best of David Beckham collection: