With gas prices still high and inflation putting pressure on people’s budgets, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its editors’ picks for 2023’s Best Gas Credit Cards to help drivers save money, along with a new survey to gauge consumer sentiment.
- Lower Gas Demand: More than 1 in 2 people plan to buy less gas in 2023 compared to 2022.
- Pump Pain: 15% of people say high gas prices are worse than food inflation.
- Fuel Frustration: 78% of Americans say current gas prices are too high.
- Most Wanted Reward: Almost 3 in 4 Americans want rewards on gas more than any other type of travel purchase.
- Mandatory Test to Get a Credit Card: 41% of Americans think each individual should have to take a test to get a credit card, just like a driver’s license.
- Gas station rewards: 2 in 5 people believe getting a gas station credit card is worth it.
- Best Gas Rewards Credit Card: The U.S. Bank Altitude® Connect Visa Signature® Card offers 4 points per $1 spent at gas stations, as well as at EV charging stations and on travel. New cardholders can also earn an initial bonus of 50,000 points for spending $2,000 in the first 120 days.
- Best Gas Station Credit Card: The Speedway Credit Card is the best gas station credit card, offering 50 points / $1 spent on both gas and in-store purchases made at Speedway, as well as an initial bonus of 25,000 points after spending $500 in the first 3 billing cycles.